Posts Tagged ‘rosacea’
Warm temperatures and longer days keep your mood light but acne flares can become an issue in the summertime.
Higher temperatures can increase facial oil production which can lead to clogged pores; contributing to black heads and breakouts. Sweating also contributes to inflammation which can worsen acne.
A few simple changes to your skin regimen can help control summer skin problems.
1) Gentle yet diligent–Wash your face with a non-drying foaming or lotion cleanser twice a day. Avoid harsh soaps and toners which can dry out the superficial skin layers and stimulate more oil production. You may want to let your cleanser set on your skin for a minute or two prior to rinsing.
2) Unplug—a quality clay mask a few times a week is great for absorbing oil and clearing pores.
3) Go lightly or skip—a lighter moisturizer or hydrating gel is usually enough to keep your skin happy. Many skip moisturizers altogether in the summer. Drinking plenty of water will help keep your skin plump and soft.
4) Protect—Use a gentle facial sunscreen daily. Choose a product with an SPF of at least 30. Try a tinted mineral sunscreen. Mineral sunscreens are great because they reflect UV radiation rather than absorbing the rays and causing heat damage to the skin.
5) Seek guidance—Come see us at Rejuvenate Rx for a little help if your acne continues to bother.
Enjoy the rest of your summer!
The new era of skincare and esthetic services on the Northside of Spokane begins now. Rejuvenate Rx, led by Medical Director, Gwyneth Blattau Gay MD recently relocated into Wandermere West between Starbucks and Froyo Earth. Dr. Gwyn is a medical physician who has a special passion for skincare and esthetics.
With clinical esthetician, Kim Jarrell LME the team at Rejuvenate Rx offers corrective skin care, anti-aging solutions, Botox, Juvederm, Voluma, Sclerotherapy, chemical peels and MicroPeels, acne and rosacea treatments, dermaplaning, pigment and age spot removal; facials, full body waxing, body polish treatments, eyelash extensions, brow shaping, eyebrow and lash tinting, Latisse, make-up artistry, Clarisonic products and SkinCeutical products. Dr. Gwyn is also available for help with weight loss (yet another passion.)
Consultations are complimentary. Come in and have some delicious dark chocolate, fabulous cinnamon spice tea or infused water and explore what we do here at Rejuvenate Rx. Walk-ins are welcome or call us at (509)290-6149.
If you have Rosacea, you have sensitive skin. Not just sensitive skin–Hyper–sensitive skin. I’m not talking sensitive in the usual sense of eczema or allergic skin types. I’m talking exaggerated skin responses to substances and products at which normal skin might merely scoff. This is why we get inflammation in structures of the facial skin. That is also why our skin reacts in a “bad way” to many treatments that we have tried. Whether it’s excessive redness, soreness, flaking, bumps, cysts or pimples; Rosacea is physically and emotionally distressing. Untreated, Rosacea causes the skin to thicken in some areas like the nose and forehead; it also causes excess surface blood vessel formation on our faces; and don’t forget the permanent scarring and/or hyperpigmentation from inflamed cysts and pimples.
Rosacea is more common than you think. It reportedly affects women three times more than men; however this may be due to the fact that men typically do not report the condition. About 10% of people in North America are affected to some degree with Rosacea.
All people with Rosacea suffer embarrassing skin changes depending to the extent that their skin is affected. All forms of Rosacea are challenging when it comes to treatment. Forms of Rosacea that mimic acne conditions can be extremely troublesome to control, especially given their psychological effects.
At Rejuvenate Rx, we take your skin seriously. We have expertise in managing all forms of Rosacea. We will work closely to help you find which products and treatments work best for you. Because we have a licensed physician on site, we are able to provide a fusion of prescription and non-prescription clinical care that is the right mix to help control the Arrrgh’s. –Dr. Gwyn
Totally cool opportunity!! Snag this deal while you can…
Skin assessment, SkinCeutical micro-peel, and eyebrow and eyelash tint!
Acne, rosacea, wrinkles, & other skin care challenges. Physician-directed skin care = Rejuvenation!Read More