Posts Tagged ‘fillers’
Warm temperatures and longer days keep your mood light but acne flares can become an issue in the summertime.
Higher temperatures can increase facial oil production which can lead to clogged pores; contributing to black heads and breakouts. Sweating also contributes to inflammation which can worsen acne.
A few simple changes to your skin regimen can help control summer skin problems.
1) Gentle yet diligent–Wash your face with a non-drying foaming or lotion cleanser twice a day. Avoid harsh soaps and toners which can dry out the superficial skin layers and stimulate more oil production. You may want to let your cleanser set on your skin for a minute or two prior to rinsing.
2) Unplug—a quality clay mask a few times a week is great for absorbing oil and clearing pores.
3) Go lightly or skip—a lighter moisturizer or hydrating gel is usually enough to keep your skin happy. Many skip moisturizers altogether in the summer. Drinking plenty of water will help keep your skin plump and soft.
4) Protect—Use a gentle facial sunscreen daily. Choose a product with an SPF of at least 30. Try a tinted mineral sunscreen. Mineral sunscreens are great because they reflect UV radiation rather than absorbing the rays and causing heat damage to the skin.
5) Seek guidance—Come see us at Rejuvenate Rx for a little help if your acne continues to bother.
Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Wrinkles and age spots aren’t the only problems as we age. There is another large part of the aging equation: Volume loss. Volume loss in the cheeks causes our faces to flatten which causes the skin on our faces to migrate lower and look saggy.
Enter VolumaTM from Allergan. VolumaTM is the first and only FDA approved filler to add volume to the cheek area, mainly on the cheek bone. VolumaTM gives you back lifted, youthful, cute cheeks for up to 2 years. There is very little, if any recovery time and your results are instant.
We are happy to share with you more information over the phone or in complimentary office consultation. Give us a call at (509)290-6149.